My Name is Taylor Alexander.
I'm a robotics engineer living in Silicon Valley.
I've been passionately devoted to developing my robotics skill since I was 11 years old.
My mission in life is to reduce the human cost of living to zero
Jan 15, 2017
I am currently working on a robotics contract through the end of January, and am looking for full time employment starting in February. I'm passionate about mechatronics, manufacturing, and software engineering for companies producing consumer hardware or research robotics. If you're interested, please see my portfolio and resume.
My life path as it relates to robotics could be described as a series of accomplishments with a particular trajectory:
- Learn the basics of Mechanical Engineering (Complete)
- Learn the basics of Manufacturing (Complete)
- Learn the basics of Electrical Engineering (Complete)
- Learn the basics of Software Engineering (Complete)
- Learn the basics of Electronics Production (Complete)
- Learn the basics of Project Management (In Progress)
- Learn the basics of Business (In Progress)
- Apply open source principles to robotics to make collaboration on robotics development much easier (In Progress)
- Form a group of passionate people interested in solving survival (TODO)
- Create a business that makes it much easier for people to build robots (TODO)
- Use this open source robotics toolkit to create new open source robotics platforms (TODO)
- Work with the open source robotics community to develop tools that solve basic problems related to human survival (TODO)
- Use these tools to create new communities based on solidarity and a desire to free us from waged labor (TODO)
This year at age 31 I found myself in exactly the place I always hoped I would be at that age - working on amazing robots at the cutting edge of the field, running my own business, and managing my own personal growth to be the best me I can be.
Now I look forward to the next ten years, and where I can go from here.
My new life goal is, in 10 years, to have the first early prototype of a food module for The Machine operational.
There are 3.5 billion people in the world who are poor subsistence farmers, and most of the world ignores them. I want to build tools that will free those people from the need to labor in fields to survive